The Register of Deeds is responsible for the safe keeping and preserving of documents. We record Warranty Deeds, Mortgages, Death Certificates, Surveys, Subdivision Plats, Easements, Military Discharges and many more.
The Register of Deeds also files financing statements and security agreements on personal property under the uniform commercial code, Federal and state liens, and military discharges.
Real estate documents are recorded and filed of record as soon as they are received and returned to the customer the next day.
For all documents you are recording whether walked into the office or mailed:
- All information must be completed on your document prior to presenting it in our office.
- The Notary Public acknowledgement must be correctly executed.
- Correct payment presented.
- Provide email address for any questions we may have regarding your document.
- Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like the original document returned after recording.
The following is a list of observed holidays where the Register of Deeds Office is closed and will not accept eRecordings:
|2022 Leavenworth County Holiday Schedule|
|Monday||January 17||Martin Luther King, Jr.|
|Monday||February 21||Presidents' Day|
|Monday||May 30||Memorial Day|
|Monday||July 4||Independence Day|
|Monday||September 5||Labor Day|
|Monday||October 10||Columbus Day|
|Thursday||November 11||Veterans Day|