Military Property Tax Exempt; everything listed will be effective January 1 2022
- All active duty members claiming KS will be limited to 2 vehicles exemption per registration year.
- National Guard and Reserve members will be exempt. They must provide Orders, ORB, or ERB and a full month LES.
- National Guard or Reserve member must be on the title to get the Property Tax Exemption.
- The military form is going to be updated on KS Revenue to reflect the National Guard and Reserve change. The form we’re currently using will no longer be accepted after January 1st.
- Personal Property Tax Exemption on taxed when tagged vehicles so that current members in good standing of the Kansas Army or Air National Guard, and members in good standing of the reserve forces of the United States may be exempt from personal property tax on 2 vehicles. This change is for Kansas residents of Kansas Army or Air National Guard and the reserve forces of the US.