Register to Vote!
You need to update your voter registration if you:
- Are registering to vote for the first time
- Changed your name
You can register to vote in a number of ways:
Online Voter Registration can be completed at the www.ksvotes.org website. If you register online, please do so at least 45 days before any election to allow time for the application to process. You are not officially registered to vote until the County Clerk's Office has processed your application.
Complete a Kansas Voter Registration Application. You can mail the completed registration application to us or walk it into the Leavenworth County Clerk's Office at 300 Walnut St. Ste. 106, Leavenworth, KS 66048. You may also fax the application to (913) 680-1489 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Verify Your Voter Application has been Processed
Within two weeks of the Clerk's Office receiving your voter registration application, you should receive a confirmation card from our office in the mail, confirming your registration, party affiliation, and polling location. If you have not heard from our office, please call to inquire at 913-684-0419.
Where Can I Register to Vote?
You can register to vote in person at any of the following locations:
- County Clerk's Office, County Courthouse, 300 Walnut, Leavenworth
- Leavenworth City Clerk’s Office, City Hall,100 N. 5th St. Leavenworth
- Lansing City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 800 1st Terrace, Lansing
- Basehor City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 2620 N. 155th St., Basehor
- Easton City Clerk's Office, City Hall, Easton
- Linwood City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 306 Main St., Linwood
- Tonganoxie City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 325 Bury, Tonganoxie
- Leavenworth County Annex, Highway 725 Laming, Tonganoxie
- Lansing Public Library, 108 S. 2nd St., Lansing
- Basehor Community Library, 1400 N. 158th, Basehor
- Linwood Library, 19649 Linwood Road, Linwood
- Tonganoxie Public Library, 217 4th St, Tonganoxie
Federal Service Absentee Application for Military and Overseas Citizens
Application for Absentee Ballot for Military and Citizens Living Overseas Qualifications:
- If you are a member of the uniformed services or merchant marine on active duty or an eligible spouse or dependent who is absent from your place of resident.
- A U.S. Citizen residing outside the U.S. temporarily.
- A U.S. Citizen residing outside the U.S. indefinitely.
You may complete the absentee ballot request to receive your Leavenworth County Ballot. A new Federal Service application must be submitted EACH calendar year to be eligible to vote in the current year elections.
Please read the instructions provided and complete the form. You must have a previous Leavenworth County address in order to vote a Leavenworth County Ballot. If you need assistance please give us a call or use the website information form. Fax or mail or email the completed application to:
Leavenworth County Clerk's Office
300 Walnut St., Ste. 106
Leavenworth, KS 66048
To request an absentee ballot for the August primary election, the county election official must receive your FPCA on or before the last business day of the week before the August primary election.
To request an absentee ballot for the November general election, the county election official must receive your FPCA on or before the last business day of the week before the November general election.
Ballot Return Deadline: Voted ballot must arrive at the local election official not later than the close of polls on election day at 7:00 p.m.
Local election officials mail and/or email ballots no later than 45 days before the election. If you have not received your state ballot in a timely manner, use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot form.