Register to Vote!
Register to Vote!
You need to update your voter registration if you:
- Are registering to vote for the first time
- Changed your name
You can register to vote in a number of ways:
Online Voter Registration can be completed at the www.ksvotes.org website. If you register online, please do so at least 45 days before any election to allow time for the application to process. You are not officially registered to vote until the County Clerk's Office has processed your application.
Complete a Kansas Voter Registration Application. You can mail the completed registration application to us or walk it into the Leavenworth County Clerk's Office at 300 Walnut St. Ste. 106, Leavenworth, KS 66048. You may also fax the application to (913) 680-1489 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Verify Your Voter Application has been Processed
Within two weeks of the Clerk's Office receiving your voter registration application, you should receive a confirmation card from our office in the mail, confirming your registration, party affiliation, and polling location. If you have not heard from our office, please call to inquire at 913-684-0419.
Where Can I Register to Vote?
In compliance with the provisions of K.S.A. 25-2310, notice is hereby given that the books for registration of voters will be open at the following places during regular business hours:
- County Clerk's Office, County Courthouse, 300 Walnut St., Leavenworth
- Leavenworth City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, 100 N. 5th St., Leavenworth
- Lansing City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 800 1st Ter., Lansing
- Basehor City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 2620 N. 155th St., Basehor
- Easton City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 300 W Riley St., Easton
- Linwood City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 306 Main St., Linwood
- Tonganoxie City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 526 E 4th St., Tonganoxie
- Leavenworth County Annex, 725 Laming Rd, Tonganoxie
- Lansing Public Library, 108 S. 2nd St., Lansing
- Basehor Community Library, 1400 N. 158th St, Basehor
- Linwood Library, 19649 Linwood Rd., Linwood
- Tonganoxie Public Library, 217 E 4th St., Tonganoxie
Persons who apply for services at voter registration agencies may register at the following places during regular business hours:
- Riverside Resources, Inc., 700 North 3rd St., Leavenworth
- DCF, 515 Limit St., Leavenworth
- VFW, VA Center 4101 S 4th St., Leavenworth
- Leavenworth County Health Department, 500 Eisenhower Rd., Leavenworth
Pursuant to the provisions of K.S.A. 25-2311(c), notice is hereby given that on the 17th day of October, 2023; all voter registration books for the general election will close at the end of regular business hours. Registration books will remain closed until the 8th day of November, 2023. A citizen of the United States who is 18 years of age or older, or will have attained the age of 18 years at the next election, must register before he or she can vote.
When a voter has been registered according to law, the voter shall remain registered until the voter changes name by marriage, divorce or other legal proceeding or changes residence. The voter may re-register in person, by mail or other delivery when registration is open or the voter may re-register on Election Day.
The county election officer or the Secretary of State upon request shall provide application forms. The applicant under penalty of perjury shall sign the application.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 13th day of September, 2023.Janet Klasinski
Federal Service Absentee Application for Military and Overseas Citizens
Application for Absentee Ballot for Military and Citizens Living Overseas Qualifications:
- If you are a member of the uniformed services or merchant marine on active duty or an eligible spouse or dependent who is absent from your place of resident.
- A U.S. Citizen residing outside the U.S. temporarily.
- A U.S. Citizen residing outside the U.S. indefinitely.
You may complete the absentee ballot request to receive your Leavenworth County Ballot. A new Federal Service application must be submitted EACH calendar year to be eligible to vote in the current year elections.
Please read the instructions provided and complete the form. You must have a previous Leavenworth County address in order to vote a Leavenworth County Ballot. If you need assistance please give us a call or use the website information form. Fax or mail or email the completed application to:
Leavenworth County Clerk's Office
300 Walnut St., Ste. 106
Leavenworth, KS 66048
To request an absentee ballot for the August primary election, the county election official must receive your FPCA on or before the last business day of the week before the August primary election.
To request an absentee ballot for the November general election, the county election official must receive your FPCA on or before the last business day of the week before the November general election.
Ballot Return Deadline: Voted ballot must arrive at the local election official not later than the close of polls on election day at 7:00 p.m.
Local election officials mail and/or email ballots no later than 45 days before the election. If you have not received your state ballot in a timely manner, use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot form.