Planning CommissionThe Planning Commission is a 10 member board that is appointed by the Board of County Commissioners for 3-year terms. The Planning Commission has the following responsibilities:
- To hear and make recommendations concerning amendments to the Zoning and Subdivision Regulations and the Comprehensive Plan;
- To make recommendations on development cases based on the Leavenworth County Zoning and Subdivision Regulations; and
- To serve as the Board of Zoning Appeals to hear requests for variances from the Leavenworth County Zoning and Subdivision Regulations.
2023 Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals Schedule
Planning Commission Agenda Packets and Meeting Minutes can be found here.
|Public Hearing Items||Notification Deadline||Preliminary and Final Plats||Meeting Date|
|Staff Acceptance||Public Notice||Staff Acceptance|
|December 16, 2022||December 21, 2022||Friday, December 30, 2022||January 11, 2023|
|January 13, 2023||January 18, 2023||January 27, 2023||February 8, 2023|
|February 10, 2023||February 15, 2023||February 24, 2023||March 8, 2023|
|March 17, 2023||March 22, 22023||March 31, 2023||April 12, 2023|
|April 14, 2023||April 19, 2023||April 28, 2023||May 10, 2023|
|May 19, 2023||May 24, 2023||June 2, 2023||June 14, 2023|
|June 16, 2023||June 21, 2023||June 30, 2023||July 12, 2023|
|July 14, 2023||July 19, 2023||July 28, 2023||August 9, 2023|
|August 18, 2023||August 23, 2023||September 1, 2023||September 13, 2023|
|September 15, 2023||September 20, 2023||September 29, 2023||October 11, 2023|
|October 13, 2023||October 18, 2023||October 27, 2023||November 8, 2023|
|November 17, 2023||November 22, 2023||December 1, 2023||December 13, 2023|
|26 days prior to meeting||21 days prior to meeting||11 days prior to meeting||2nd Wed of Each Month|
1. If staff acceptance of the complete application has not been received by noon, item will not be placed on agenda and will be heard at a future meeting.
2. All meeting dates are contingent upon complete submissions by the progressive deadline schedule. If any deadline is missed, the application will be DELAYED.
3. When submitting the Preliminary and Final plat concurrently, the application must follow the Preliminary Plat submittal deadline.
4. Complete application submittal will be determined prior to the application being distributed for review. The applicant will be notified if the application is determined to be incomplete.
5. Incomplete or technically deficient plans may be returned without complete review.
6. All comments will be returned to the applicant within 10 business days of submittals and re-submittals of applications.
7. Application that include a traffic study, innovative technology or other non-traditional systems may require additional review times.
8. During periods of unusually heavy submissions, review time may be extended.
9. All applications must have a pre-application meeting at least 5 days prior to submittal of application.
Planning Commission Organization
Resolution 2021-25 amended the number of Planning Commissioners appointed to the Commission on July 8th, 2021. This resolution expanded the Planning Commission from a nine-member board to a ten-member board.
Planning Commission Application PDF
Planning Commission Application Online
Commission District Map
The Planning Commission currently has 10 members representing the County's residents.
|District 1||Robert Owens|
|District 2||William Gottschalk|
|District 3||Alan Stork|
|Steven Rosenthal, Chair|
|District 4||Doug Tystad|
|District 5||Steve Skeet|