We Can Help with Chores!
Our agency offers assistance with chores for individuals, age 60 and older, who reside in an individual residence and are unable to perform upkeep and minor maintenance. We are unable to offer chore assistance to those living in rental properties. Sample chores are listed below.
- Mowing lawns
- Shoveling snow
- Repairing doors
- Replacing broken hinges/locks
- Installing smoke detectors
- Checking and replacing batteries in smoke detectors
- Repairing stairs and railing
- Replacing light bulbs
- Cleaning first-floor gutters
- Curb to Curb Service: This program assists individuals by hauling their trash to the curb. Seniors, who are 60+ and physically not able to take our their trash, are eligible to participate.
The In-Home Support, Chore program is a fee-based service. Fees are assessed according to the chore being performed with the knowledge that many seniors have a fixed income. If the chore requires any materials, participants will be asked to purchase the materials necessary for the repair in addition to the fee.
Please call the COA office, (913) 684-0777, to discuss your chore and received a quote for the service.